We were out to dinner the other night and Riley wanted to be walked/bounced around so I went outside with her and looked like a fool bouncing around in circles. Of course, I didn't care. The reason I looked extra crazy is because along with the bouncing came singing. I am a terrible singer and to make matters worse, the only thing I could think to sing to Riley was "Pants on the Ground." Yup, that's right. I'm going to be a horrible mother because I couldn't think of anything besides that horrible song to sing to a tiny baby!! But she loved it and just smiled at me. A few days later I got to babysit Riley with my Mom and whenever she got fussy I would sing little songs I started making up to her. She would squeeze my finger and relax when she heard my voice. Such a wonderful treat not to have someone tell me to stop singing because it is hurting their ears!!
And yes, those are trees outside the window! No more big city craziness for me!!!
6. Funny Moments With My Husband: A lot of nights I fall asleep on the couch for a 30 minute nap while Hubby plays his video games. Sometimes I will actually just go get in bed because I am exhausted. The other night I fell asleep and when Craig came to bed for the night I was completely out of it. Apparently I told him he couldn't get in the bed until he got me some shorts. He asked why I needed the shorts and I said "So my butt won't get cold." He thought that was strange because I am a furnace and am always burning up in bed. He told me if it got cold I could just put the blanket over it. I said that wasn't possible because I was on a boat. This probably isn't funny to read but when he told me about it and I had no recollection whatsoever of it ever happening, we both got to laughing. It's nice to enjoy a good laugh together about silly things like cold butts!
Adorable baby and we are totally jealous of all of her hair!
ReplyDeleteYour office looks great and is well deserved! :)