Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday #4

10. This week I am VERY thankful for my Daddio. Saturday night I went to Target around 9 pm. When I came out around 9:40, my car would not start. Hubby was at a concert in Philly, so he couldn't really help me. I have realized over the years that whenever something is really wrong and I am actually in trouble, not just really mad at someone or something, I want to call my father first. When I got the flat tire on 95 a few years ago I didn't even think about calling my mom, I just dialed dad. For those of you who don't know, I talk to my mom about 3 times a day, so to call dad instead of mom is kinda crazy. But I knew he would help. So he had me try to start the car and listened to the sound and he could tell me what was wrong. I ended up pretending to be my mother-in-law and calling her Triple AAA number, but I never would have been calm and knew what to tell them was wrong without my Daddy. I'm still his Baby Princess and the fact that that will never change makes me very happy, and THANKFUL!!

4 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I do the same things with my Dad!! When I first moved to Florida and had no clue about the roaches here, I called him once at 2am just to be with me on the phone while I killed that huge thing!!! Or like the time when I thought someone was on my back porch... yup, I called him instead of 911!!! Now what could he do in Maryland?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Dads right? And yay for you making collages! You are catching on to the blog world really fast Meredith. I'm so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet. I'm super close to both of my parents, too. I call them ALL the time. Thanks for visiting my blog on my SITS day! It's fun to discover new blogs written by so many awesome women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't we all daddy's girls!

    ReplyDelete