I have a confession to make - I am obsessed with teen vampire books. It all started in law school when I needed a light read to break up all the heavy material I was assigned. My friend recommended Twilight and I was immediately obsessed. I read the first book in two days and in a week I had finished the series. I thought I just loved the books because of Edward and that the amount of joy I got from reading the books wouldn't be duplicated. Well, I was wrong because then I started reading more and more vampire books and loved them all. I read the House of Night Series, the Mortal Instruments Series, some of Vampire Diaries and my favorite, the Vampire Academy novels.
Now reading the books is bad enough, but I have gone even further. I like to search YouTube for fan videos in which fans of the books create their ideal cast using actors. I actually yell at the screen thinking that people have picked the wrong person, I mean come on, the only person who can be Dimitri is Ben Barnes!!! I search and search and think of all the reasons these people are wrong and why I'm right. And by the way, I have a good reason for thinking I can pick a great vampire cast. When I was reading Twilight and thinking about who should be Edward I always thought Cedric Diggory would be great. I didn't know that Cedric's real name was Rob Pattinson until I saw the actual trailer for the film. So I obviously know what I'm talking about!
So I just finished the last book I had in the Vampire Academy series and the next one isn't out until DECEMBER!! What am I going to do? Do I have to go back to reading adult novels?! Anyone know of a series like Twilight/Harry Potter that I can take up!?
I loved the Twilight series too!! I cannot wait to see Eclipse this week. I will have to research another series for you to read. I have a few teacher friends that LOVE vampire books as much as you :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had that much time to read! I'm jealous of that!
ReplyDeleteOh Meredith- not you too!!! Good for you for finding a "love" in the vamps! I myself am probably one of the only people left on the planet who has not succumb to the series and movies. I have heard people talk of another series like Twilight but much more adult- True Blood. Have you read those? Probably!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if it is the vamps or the teen love stories. I like the forbidden romance I guess. I can't stand romance novels though, all that quivering loins stuff is too much!!
ReplyDeleteI have read the first book in the True Blood series but stopped because I started watching the show and didn't want to ruin the surprise!!