Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WOOHOO!!!

Boy do I ever love awards!!! And Kirsten at "Soaking Up The Sunnyside of Life" has chosen me to be a recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award!!!!

This award is kind of like a chain letter.  There are a few "rules" you have to follow.  The first rule is to thank the person who acknowledged you - Kirsten, you don't know how happy you have made me. Thank you!!!   The second rule is that you have to list seven things that people may not know about you - I can do that!!

1. I still sleep with the blanket that I was given when I was born. I take it with me everywhere and cannot sleep well without it!! I have only been without it for an extended period when I left it  in a hotel in New Orleans by mistake. I realized I didn't have it while we were waiting for our plane. I refused to get on the plane until my Mom called and was assured by the hotel that they had it.

2. As soon as I walk in the door, I take off my bra. There are usually a couple of them buried in the cushions. Every time a pile builds up the maintenance man comes by and sees them. I just can't be in my house with one on.

3. Whenever I get a paper towel from the dispensers where you have the push the handle down, I count to 7. I don't always do 7 pulls, because I try to be environmentally friendly, but I always count to 7.

4. I used to say I would move to New York and be a big time attorney. That was before I realized I hate the city and love being in the suburbs!!

5. I want to name my daughter Charlotte Poppy. The Poppy is for my grandfather, who you guessed it, I call Poppi. I figure spelling it with a "y" looks better for a girls name, more like the flower. I adore my Poppi and want my daughter to have a little piece of him. I can't bring myself to tell him about the name though because I'm afraid he will hate it and that would kill me. So I'm just going to imagine that he loves it as much as I do.

6. I have never been skiing or snowboarding, or anything involving snow and a mountain. My goal is to go this winter and try to learn. I did want to go on a ski trip for my honeymoon but then Liz did that, and of course I had to do something different!

7. I am extremely competitive when it comes to board games. I mean, I kick and scream and throw a fit if I don't win. Good thing for everyone, I usually win. It has always been this way. When I was about 6 or so I tore up the cards in Candy Land that sent you back to the beginning. When I was about 8 and lost Parcheesi I tore up the little things that you put the dice in then locked myself in the bathroom in protest. Recently, when I lost a game of Transformers Risk, I cussed out my husband then got in bed and refused to spend time with him for the rest of the night. He couldn't care less though, which is one of the many reasons why I married him! (And by cussed out my husband, I don't mean I said nasty things about him or put him down. I just cussed out the game while he listened).

Soooo, everyone who reads my blog has gotten this award. Once I find some new people to follow I guess I will pass it along!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh. I sleep with a baby blanket too. I call it "nutch" and now my 4 year old will even ask me if I have "nutch" when I'm in bed.

    And, I think the name is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete