Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blogging Therapy

Dear Christine,

I miss you.

When I think about our friendship and how it ended, my heart breaks. And I don't mean that in a silly superficial way. I mean a piece of my heart is and will always be missing. You were a kind of friend that I had never had and I don't think I will ever have again. Maybe it was finding someone so similar at a point in my life where I had no idea who I was. I don't know why you meant so much, but you did, and you still do.

I don't even know exactly why we stopped talking. We didn't have a fight, I think we were just figuring things out in different ways and at different speeds. I heard through the grape vine way back when why you might be mad and whatever you think happened, was not true. Why didn't I just call and tell you it wasn't true? Why did I let the last thing I said to you be "Peace Out"? I don't know the answer and that kills me. It's easier just to have a fight and get it out. It might have been closure at least.

I noticed you weren't there at my wedding. That sounds crazy, I know. At that point we hadn't spoken in 7 years I guess. But I noticed, and it sucked.

I hope one day we will speak again. I can't make myself reach out though because I couldn't take the rejection. So for now, this will have to do.

Your Hopefully Friend Again Someday,
Meredith

3 comments:

  1. Aww Mer, what a sweet letter! Does Christine have facebook? Do you have any way to get in contact with her when you are ready?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does have facebook which makes things easier, I guess we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so full of sentiment. I love genuine heartfelt posts!

    I have been there. Sometimes friendships rekindle years down the road, and sometimes friendships run their course. I believe that the Lord places people in our lives to help us through certain situations and to serve a purpose. And, when that purpose has been served, they move on and we move on. It's a hard concept to come to terms with especially when you really miss someone...

    ReplyDelete