Today is one of my favorite days of the year - the first day of Wimbledon!!! I LOVE all tennis, but this is my favorite tournament. Luckily, my favorite player (Andy Roddick) also loves it! Last year, Andy made it to the final and for at least two hours I convinced my Mom that if we kept waving our hands in the air and saying "Go Andy, Go Andy" over and over again, he would be able to win. In case you didn't know, I can be superstitious and once sat with my hand circled around my head for an entire hockey game. Seriously, I didn't move. And my team lost, so you can see how well my tricks work. Well, Andy didn't win but it was still so exciting and I am hoping he will win this year!!
So anyway, I am off today and enjoying this wonderfully sunny day. I have cleaned almost every room, done lots of laundry, taken clothes to the dry cleaners, gone to the bank, etc. And I really really wish I didn't dislike the heat so much because my deck looks so inviting and I wish I could sit out there and read for a little bit. But since Andy is on tv, I am content to sit inside, with air conditioning, and enjoy my favorite tournament! This is my little deck. My Dad bought me these chairs at a yard sale and I bought the wonderfully bright orange cushions at Pier 1. Even though I have only sat in them a handful of times, they make me happy whenever I see them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment