So I got back from Paris this weekend and I am still recovering - we had such a wonderful, but tiring time. I think I will slowly blog about the trip because I have way too many pictures for one post!
We left Philadelphia around 6pm and flew to London, which took almost 7 hours. Luckily, we got to the airport early and upgraded our tickets - woohoo! I occupied myself on the flight with the British newspaper that had really great sudoku's and other games in the "Coffee Break" section. They also had individual screens in the seats so we watched Clash of the Titans. It wasn't quite as good as I hoped it would be, but it kept me busy. I think I loved the plane food more than anyone else on that plane!! I love eating and I love not having to cook, so I was very pleased with my chicken, salad, roll and dessert! We got to Paris around 9:30 Paris time, which felt like 3:30 in the morning to us.
As soon as we got off the plane I was immediately overwhelmed. I knew people didn't speak English but I just didn't realize that everything would be in French!! We ended up getting on the wrong bus and went way across town to the other airport. It cost forty euros and they tried to make me pay again to get on the the correct bus but I somehow found the manager and convinved him, with a small lie, that it wasn't my fault. Two and a half hours later we arrived at our hotel.
For Europe, I suppose the room was great. But for this American, it was quite small. My knees touched the wall when I sat on the toilet!!! They also, apparently, don't believe in plastic shower curtains there, because there was only this piece of fabric, kind of like a sheet, blocking the water from getting on the floor. Obviously, I flooded the thing a couple of times.
Even though they say not to, we HAD to go to sleep. I was feeling so sick by that time from being up all night, so we took a long nap! When we woke up I wanted pizza BAD, and luckily, there was an italian place called Cafe Caesar across from our hotel. We got individual pizzas then walked a few steps up the street to the Arc de Triomphe. It was getting dark when we got there so we decided to wait around to see it once the lights went on and boy am I glad we did. It was such a beautiful and magical site - the colors were just amazing. I did the touristy thing and went to the middle of the street to get my picture taken and it was so worth it. I had to beat out a group of Asian tourists to get that spot so I'm proud of myself!!
The moments in these pictures were my favorite of the trip. I felt so alive and in love and happy to have this life in these moments. I know I'll never forget being there that night!!!

I am so happy that you and Craig had an awesome time and were able to create memories that will last forever. It was great to check for your updated pictures at the end of each day!! They are great!! :) Can't wait to see you!!!!!!
ReplyDelete